AutoDCR is an innovative Building plan scrutiny and approval system
It reads CAD drawings and maps them to the development control regulations for approval by municipal corporations and approving authorities.
AutoDCR® is one of the most widely implemented architecture engineering software for e-governance of building plans, with 50+ clients being served across India. Seamlessly integrated to an online approval workflow to monitor the approval process with associated document scrutiny and site visits (where applicable), it can also be accessed from anywhere anytime through mobile devices.
Helping in improving compliance, efficiency and effectiveness through collaboration between urban local bodies, government, citizens and other stakeholders, AutoDCR® acts as a unified platform.
AutoDCR has been identified as a best practice for building plan approval by Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM). AutoDCR®has been has been recipient of numerous awards both nationally and internationally over the years. In the year 2007 one of our clients – Pune Municipal Corporation was felicitated with the “World Leadership Award” in London for successfully implementing AutoDCR®. Recently AutoDCr was coveted the prestigious National award for e-governance in the category of Innovative use of technology in e-governance, 2014.
The solution caters to several types of organizations worldwide that are engaged in building plan scrutiny and approvals. These organizations include but not limited to:
- Municipal Council
- Municipal Corporation
- Development Authority
- Industrial Development Corporation
AutoDCR® a must have tool for developing smart cities
AutoDCR® has the ability to provide single window for acquiring building permits, NOC’s and clearances from multiple agencies. The unique features of AutoDCR are:
- Reads CAD drawing and produces scrutiny reports in a few minutes, mapping all the development control rules of the Authority to the drawing entities.
- Automates the lengthy and cumbersome manual process of checking the development regulations, thus reducing paper work, valuable time and effort of Architects and the Authority.
- Helps in attaining the e-Governance by maintaining digitized versions of the documents.
- Standardizes the building drawing plan process.
AutoDCR comes with a built-in Process Work Flow System named ‘BPAMS‘ for automation of the process i.e. proposal file movement, followed for approval of architectural plans. Designed in different modules, called ‘consoles’, for each step through which the proposal has to flow.
- Architects submit the plan on a CD by putting the basic data of a proposal on a ‘Single’ window
- After initial scrutiny of the documents, a date for site visit of the building inspector or concerned officer is notified to Architects and concerned Building Inspectors via SMS.
- BPAMS supports Palm interface whereby the visiting building inspector or officer at site will capture site visit report along with photograph on a PDA device.
- Ownership, NOC and other documents related to plan approval are scrutinized in BPAMS
- Gives control to AutoDCR for drawing based scrutiny
- Final Scrutiny reports and MIS reports generated and published
- Uniformity and Compliance – The approval is based on uniform interpretation of development control rules bringing in uniformity and compliance.
- Acceleration – Accelerates scrutiny process by eliminating lengthy and cumbersome computations.
- Process Innovation & Integration – Transformation of scrutiny and approval of plans through CAD and workflow technology brings in innovation in the process. All stakeholders concerned in the approval process are brought together on a single platform.
- Accountability – Authorized roles and responsibilities are mapped and MIS reports generated to help track process efficiency.
- Transparency – Subjectivity in the plan approval process is totally eliminated and clear reasons are stated for approval or rejections.