AutoDCRⓇ is an innovative building plan scrutiny and approval system. It reads CAD drawings and maps them to the development control regulations for approval by municipal corporations and approving authorities.
AutoDCR® is one of the most widely implemented architecture engineering software for e-Governance of building plans, with 50+ clients being served across India. Seamlessly integrated to an online approval workflow to monitor the approval process with associated document scrutiny and site visits (where applicable), it can also be accessed from anywhere and anytime through mobile devices.
Helping in improving the compliance, efficiency and effectiveness through collaboration between urban local bodies, government, citizens, and other stakeholders, AutoDCR® acts as a unified platform.
AutoDCR® has been identified as a best practice for building plan approval by Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM). It has been a recipient of numerous national and international awards over the years. In 2007, one of our clients, Pune Municipal Corporation, was felicitated with the “World Leadership Award” in London for successfully implementing AutoDCR®. Recently, AutoDCR® was given the prestigious National award for e-Governance in the category of Innovative Use of Technology in e-Governance 2014.
Who is it for?
AutoDCR® has the ability to provide a single window for acquiring building permits, NOCs and clearances from multiple agencies. The solution caters to several types of worldwide organizations engaged in building plan scrutiny and approvals including, but not limited to:
- Municipal Council
- Municipal Corporation
- Development Authority
- Industrial Development Corporation
The unique features of AutoDCR® are:
- It reads CAD drawings and produces scrutiny reports in a few minutes, mapping all the development control rules of the Authority to the drawing entities.
- It automates the lengthy and cumbersome manual process of checking the development regulations, thus reducing paperwork and saving valuable time and effort for Architects and the Authority.
- It helps in attaining e-Governance by maintaining digitized versions of documents.
- It standardizes the building drawing plan process.
How it works:
AutoDCR® comes with a built-in Process Work Flow System named ‘BPAMS’ for automation of the process (i.e., the proposal file movement, which is followed by the architectural plan approval). Designed in different modules called ‘consoles’, AutoDCR® covers each step through which the proposal has to flow:
- Architects submit the plan on CD by putting the basic data of a proposal on a ‘single’ window
- After initial scrutiny of the documents, a date for the site visit of the building inspector or concerned officer is notified to the Architects and concerned Building Inspectors via SMS.
- BPAMS supports Palm interface whereby the visiting Building Inspector or officer at the site will capture a site visit report along with photographs on a PDA device.
- Ownership, NOC, and other documents related to plan approval are scrutinized in BPAMS
- Control is given to AutoDCR® for drawing-based scrutiny
- Final scrutiny reports and MIS reports are generated and published
The benefits of AutoDCR® are:
- Uniformity and Compliance - The approval is based on uniform interpretation of development control rules bringing in uniformity and compliance.
- Acceleration - AutoDCRⓇ accelerates the scrutiny process by eliminating lengthy and cumbersome computations.
- Process Innovation & Integration - The transformation of the scrutiny and approval of plans through CAD and workflow technology brings in innovation in the process. All stakeholders concerned in the approval process are brought together on a single platform.
- Accountability - Authorized roles and responsibilities are mapped and MIS reports are generated to help track process efficiency.
- Transparency - Subjectivity in the plan approval process is totally eliminated and clear reasons are stated for approvals or rejections.
AutoDCR® featured on CNBC-TV18
AutoDCR (Building Plan Approval System)
Integrated ERP Implementation at MIDC
To learn more about AutoDCR®, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org